Salary $6500 - $8500 DOE
Job Type Permanent
Experience 3 Years as 2nd Engineer on Yachts >50m
Vessel/Shore Type Motor
We are currently recruiting for a talented and experienced Second Engineer to join a dual season, 73m charter motor yacht. This is a permanent position with a start date for the 1st of December. The yacht is currently located in Florida and has exciting plans to cruise to the Caribbean for charters over the next few months.
We are looking for a candidate with at least 3 full years experience as an Engineer on vessels of similar size or larger. The ideal candidate will possess a strong knowledge of the engine room, including maintenance of generators, AC and basic electrical skills. The vessel runs with an engineering team of 4 engineers.
The yacht is offering a very competitive salary and package for the right candidate which will be discussed at interview stage with the Chief Engineer and Captain. As the 2nd Engineer, you will play a vital part in ensuring the smooth operation of the yacht’s engineering department whilst working closely with the Chief Engineers.
- A commercially endorsed Y3 CoC is required for this role.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as an Engineer on yachts of 50m or larger.
- You must hold a valid B1/B2 visa in hand.
- Excellent verifiable references and all relevant certificates in hand.
- Start date: 1st of December.