Job Type Permanent
Experience 1.5+ Full Years onboard Sail Yachts
Vessel/Shore Type Sailing
We are currently seeking a skilled and experienced Deck/Engineer for a 30-meter sail yacht. The yacht operates privately (with plans to charter in the future), offering dual-season opportunities. Presently located in Italy, it will extensively cruise the Mediterranean throughout the Summer and cross back over to the US and Caribbean before year-end.
As the ideal candidate, you should possess a minimum of 1.5+ years of yachting experience in a similar role aboard sailing vessels of similar or larger size. Your primary responsibility will involve managing the engineering department, while also being willing to assist on deck as needed. Proficiency in the following areas is essential:
– Operation and maintenance of all engineering systems.
– Mechanical aspects.
– Electrical installations.
– Electronics and audio-visual systems.
– Air conditioning and heating systems.
– Sanitation and environmental control.
– Engine room safety management (ISM).
– Planned maintenance coordination (PMP).
This position is open for couples, with the possibility of a partnership with a Chef.
To succeed in this role, you should possess the following skills and qualifications:
– Background in mechanical, diesel, or electrical fields.
– Strong project management skills.
– Experience in inventory maintenance.
– Familiarity with various software.
– Organisational skills and time management awareness.
– Ability to overcome seasickness.
– A valid Schengen visa/European passport.
– An AEC1 + AEC2 is required, however an MEOL is preferred.
– Excellent verifiable references and possession of all relevant certificates.
Start Date: ASAP, in Italy.